16 April – 4 June 2017
(Resurrection Sunday to Pentecost Sunday)
NATIONAL PRAYER INITIATIVE issued by INTERCESSORS FOR SOUTH AFRICA (A forum of prayer networks and prayer groups in South Africa)
The aim of this national initiative #50DaystoBlesstheNation is for Christians to take responsibility for our Nation by believing that God can and will change the hearts of people in our nation through our prayers. Our first task is to ask Him to change our own hearts from a negative perspective of our Nation to one of faith and trust that He wants to use us to bring about a change.
We are witnessing the powerful effect of the media when the words of leaders are exploited to incite hatred, racism and violence, and eventually the cursing of others; or when one person, with one irresponsible post on the social media, release a similar reaction in our Nation. The words of Christians are to be different – to bless rather than to curse, to heal rather than to wound, to restore rather than to destroy.
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue – Prov.18:21”Z
” But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you… – Mat 5:44”
FILL SOUTH AFRICA WITH PRAYER OVER 50 DAYS THROUGH…
- 24hour prayer watches in congregations, communities, towns and cities.
- Prayer-walk, Prayer-drive, Prayer-cycle your neighbourhood, community, town, township, city, farms, countryside, shopping mall and business district.
- Proclaiming blessings through speaking and praying the Word over the land, streets, businesses, churches, homes, schools, public places and individual people.
- Interceding for the salvation of those who are lost and without the knowledge of God.
- Reaching out to people in your area to pray with them for their needs.
- Download a 50-day prayer guide from www.jwipn.com (Available soon – watch this space!)
- Receive a daily WhatsApp blessing prompt from +27817161203 with inspirational message on video (please send your name and email to this number).
- Daily and weekly practical prayer-walk suggestions available in 50-day prayer guide.
- Invite neighbouring church/cell group/prayer group for united prayer
- Set up a Prayer Room or Prayer Booth in your school, mall, business, community, gym, public square.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 012-3653213 for more information.