SHARE THIS INFORMATION
Prayer regarding the Hate Crimes and Hate Speech Bill
Freedom of Religion in South Africa (FORSA) has issued a call for prayer and action regarding the new proposed Bill on Hate Crimes and Hate Speech. The full proposal for the Bill and the implications can be viewed on www.forsa.org.za. The public is invited to submit comments on the Bill by no later than next week Tuesday, 31 January. To make it easy, FORSA has prepared a sample submission which can be downloaded HERE. Churches, Christian organisations or individuals can copy/paste the submission, or use it to prepare their own submission, and then e-mail the submission to email@example.com. Sign the Petition at HERE and share as far and wide as possible!
“Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,” (2Ti 3:12, ESV)
“So they called them and charged them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, you must judge,” (Act 4:18-19, ESV)
“And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”" (Act 4:29-30, ESV)
- Let us declare our faith in Jesus Christ and our confidence that He is in control of everything pertaining to the Church and the expansion of His Kingdom in South Africa.
- Let us as Christians surrender our lives afresh to Jesus Christ, pledge ourselves to His service and determine to preach the Gospel regardless of threats that might be made to silence the message of repentance, that forgiveness, salvation and deliverance are available through Jesus Christ. Let us heed the command to live holy lives and separate ourselves from the spirit of disobedience that is at work in the world.
- Pray for the Church in South Africa to continue to preach the Word of God truthfully, courageously and without compromise.
- Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to pour His Spirit upon us, to fill us with power and to cleanse the Church from all false teachers, false prophets and false gospels, that weaken the message of repentance and salvation and mock the true work of the cross and the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for FORSA, who acts as a representative for the Church, to guard against the abuse of power, and seeks to protect our constitutional right of freedom of religion.
- Ask the Lord to grant us our request that this Bill, that seems to infringe on the right of the Church to express her beliefs of what is commanded by God’s Word, will be changed to rightly protect people against blatant abuse and misuse of influence by secular and spiritual leaders, but to allow the Church to still freely preach the Gospel without constraints.